Wednesday 21 December 2016

WOYWW -What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday 394

Hello visitors, thanks for dropping by :)

So, today I'm taking part in the fun blog hop - hosted by the fabulous Julia Dunnit http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/. An opportunity to have a good nosey around fellow crafters' projects across the miles from the comfort of our creative work desks..!


Hanging off the edge are a pile of Christmas cards I've been making for all 70 of the wonderful volunteers at Care for the Carers The charity, based in Eastbourne, are the local Carers Centre for East Sussex. They help people who are providing unpaid support for a family or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.  Their aim is to improve the quality of life for Carers through enabling access to the support and services they need. 

I first heard about Care for the Carers 5 years ago when my wife and I were struggling with the impact of my illness and sadly, she lost her dad to cancer.  After some gentle nagging I eventually persuaded her to go down there with me, (jogging beside me on my mobility scooter!) as I really wanted to get some support for her.  The charity were a fantastic source of help, providing counselling and info on many other services we didn't know about.  For a few years I've been making cards for them to fund-raise -which enables me to give something back to the organisation.  I was daunted by the prospect of making 70 Christmas cards!! -But delighted and proud (not to mention relieved!) when I had finished making them.  I gave myself a lot of time to do it, intermingled with plenty of rest and chocolate!

We are looking forward to a quiet and cosy Christmas with the mischievous cats and daydreaming about decorating my craft room in the New Year and wondering if I'll actually learn to knit next year..!!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year.

Angela x


9 comments:

  1. Your desk looks like it's in the middle of a very productive project - good luck

    Seasons Greetings and Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that should have said #8 beneath my name too

      Kathyk
      #8

      Delete
  2. Hi Angela, lovely cards, and what a great charity to be helping. Sending wishes for a Happy & peaceful Christmas from the two of us, Hugs, Shaz#7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I do love those cards - they'd be the ones I'd buy in the shops! What a great cause to be supporting too, well done you for making all those cards for them. I do a lot of crafting for charity too and like supporting smaller places as sometimes they don't get all the help they deserve. Good luck with learning to knit - you can do it! I learned to crochet from YouTube tutorials and haven't stopped making blankets since, lol!
    Happy Christmas to you and yours,
    Hugs, LLJ 15 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 70 cards is a lot - congratulations! And they are beautiful, I'm sure they will be well received. Knitting is a fun activity, and not difficult to learn, but can be addictive, especially whilst watching TV! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas! Lindart #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! gorgeous cards and so many, well done you! Hope you have fun learning to knit I used to do lots of it, it's very relaxing in fact it used to send me to sleep. My favourite was knitting with circular needles but I guess you need to learn to walk before you can run Lol! Have fun and Merry Christmas, Angela xXx 14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cards look wonderful! What a great charity to be involved with and good for you for making all those cards.

    Happy Christmas to you and your family.

    Sharon K #25

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a marvellous thing to do and such great cards! Have a very happy Christmas Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Angela. Wow 70 cards and they are stunning just so beautiful and to make them all for everyone is trully sweet of you. Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season. Hugs Always -Anne L#5

    ReplyDelete