Tuesday 5 May 2015

Angel Greeting ATC Tutorial

Hello readers, thank you for stopping by :)  
I mentioned in my last post that I would describe how I made this Artist Trading Card:
I haven't made one of these mini cards before...but I knew I wanted to come up with a personal design that included an angel, a greeting and some techniques that I could replicate simply - in order for me to make a series of them to swap with other crafters :)  

I began with a piece of thick glossy photo card, 240gsm, measuring 6.5cm x 8.5cm.  I stamped part of a PaperArtsy Flora and Fauna image in clear embossing ink and sprinkled with clear embossing powder.  Having melted the powder from underneath with a heat tool, I then taped it inside a cardboard box. 
Next, I sprayed on some Cranberry Sorbet, Grape Juice and Candy Floss Inkadink inks. Using some kitchen towel I polished over the card and revealed the leaves stamp.  (You will notice some of this technique under the angel, this was a happy mistake as I previously attempted to heat emboss the angel, but the stencil image wasn't clear enough...I decided to keep some of the serendipitous result all the same!)  
I dismantled an angel from a spinning silver tea-light holder and used it as a stencil.  Using a piece of thick handmade paper, I inked through the angel using a square of cut and dry foam.  The inks I used are an Archival Brilliance pigment ink pad, Twilight.  I tore round the image and inked the edges with a hint of black and also some green tones from the Archival Brilliance pigment ink pad, Peacock.
Having attached the image with tape, I then moved on to the matting and layering.  I cut a piece of black card, 6.9cm x 8.9cm.  I drew a border with a VersaMarker watermark pen and scattered a mixture of Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Pearl Lustre embossing powder and Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder and heated.  For the back I cut out a piece of thick white card measuring 7.5cm x 9.3cm and attached the layers with tape.  
On the white background I drew a line of faux stitching with a very fine black pen and gently ran round the edges with the green inks. 
For the lettering I inked round some Tim Holtz Idea-ology 'Chitchat' stickers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this mini-tutorial.  
I hope you enjoyed your visit here :)

Angela x
Angel Greetings



No comments:

Post a Comment