Wednesday, 31 December 2014

My favourite makes of 2014

It's been an enjoyable year's crafting for me.  Here's some of my favourite creations that I thought I'd share with you :)

This birthday card above was my first attempt at quilling and parchment craft. 

I loved making this card for my niece Livvy's 11th birthday.  Like me, she adores owls.  


This twisted easel, 3D decoupage card was a joy to put together.  The page extract is taken from the actual scene of the story.  I was delighted to find the Queen of Hearts ribbon.


For this project I used some acetate to attach the hot air balloon so it had some movement.  I folded a strip of acetate and glued it under the background paper and to the back of the hot air balloon.


I was delighted to discover Santoro London papers and embellishments this year. Their range of crafting goodies are beautiful.  Perfect for my butterfly obsession!
I made this gate-fold card for my great aunt's birthday.


This baby owl birthday card was great fun to make using a variety of textures.  I loved the bright colours.

Life's a beach :) I enjoy playing with handmade paper and teasing out the threads. I just dab some water around the edges using a paintbrush and gently tear to create this effect.  

I gave this card to my wife on her birthday. The quote is taken from Teresa Collins 'stationery noted' paper.  There are some wonderful quotes on the sheet; I like 'Do not let anyone ever dull your sparkle'


This is a picture of my desk a few weeks ago when I was busily preparing cards for a local charity called Care for the Carers in Eastbourne. 

This particular quote has been of great inspiration for me this year.  
The full saying is:“The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.” -Alice Morse Earle




This altered art project was challenging but I was very pleased with the results. Thanks and credit to Mark Gould http://speshink.blogspot.co.uk for the inspiring course at That Craft Place and help in making this. The Tic Tac Toe box is from Tando-Creative.  I used DecoArt acrylic paints and sandpaper.

I've really enjoyed playing with these papers and have made several cards.  The papers were free with Papercrafter magazine.  I made this card for a friend's birthday.  I used a thin paintbrush handle to roll the papers and secured with strong adhesive tape.

I have found the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 'Lost and Found' papers to be great for mens birthday cards.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post.
Here's to a fabulously creative Happy New Year!!
Angela x

No comments:

Post a Comment