Wednesday 25 April 2012

WOYWW 4

Happy WOYWW crafters!  Many thanks for all your comments, so inspiring to share eachothers creations :)  This week I have been working on my first gate-fold card for a special person's birthday...


As you can see, my furry friend Tigger has been joining in and keeping my seat warm!  I'm very lucky to have all this space to craft in.  It's a far cry from where I first started making cards!  Back then we were living in a v small flat and my other half would bring in the tiny fold away wooden slatted garden table and set it up in the lounge temporarily.  It's such a joy to not have to pack everything away now. I never imagined that I would be able to devote a whole room to work in and spread out all my stuff!  My ever-growing collection!!

Here is the outside, I embossed the panels using 'Without a Lock' Couture Creations folder.  I inked over the panels using a walnut stain.  The lock is from Tando Creative locks and latches set.



Inside I glued 2 sections of Kanban Anchor Natural background card to the sides and inked up the inside card using the walnut stain.  I also walnut stained the tag and attached it using a large glitter brad.  I ran over the hemp string with the walnut ink and threaded a key from the Tando Creative range.  As with the lock, I triple heat embossed using clear powder having inked them in walnut and aged mahogany.  The sentiment is from a booklet of travel quotes that I came across in a wool shop in Eastbourne.  I really enjoyed making this card :)
Right, I'm off to have a wonder and see what's on your workdesks this sunny wednesday afternoon.  Thank u for dropping by :) Wishing everyone a great week, see u soon :) Angela xx




12 comments:

  1. That is a lovely card! So happy that you can spread you wings in all that space! Happy WOYWW #159

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, and yes, that collection DOES tend to grow, doesn't it??

    :)trisha
    #167

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful card... Love it! Wee tigger is gorgeous... your space is just fantastic... Hugs May x x x No10


    sorry do you know you have the word thingy on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela,

    I really love that card. Very nice. I use my dining room table for my crafting. I live in a one bedroom condo so space is limited. How nice that you have room to spread out now!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay
    #144

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to post a tag. Love the gate fold card BJ#51

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very bright space! Love your card......
    Happy WOYWW
    Marnie#153

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card - your room looks fab, it's great isn't it having a crafty room/office! Take care, hope you enjoy this weeks WOYWW, am nearly through the list now! Zo xx 77

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I hope your special friend likes the special card as much as we all do! Great view of your crafty space..I agree, the luxury of a dedicated space is really such a treat, t never grows old!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stylish card.Good idea with the tag inside. Love you space, and puss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angela, The word thingy is..... word verification which is on... you go to settings and click to take off as when someone leaves you a comment they have to type in two words before leaving a comment and I know a lot of people who wont take the time to do so, so for you to get more traffic its best to remove it...But it is your choice, when you left me a comment it just went through... I hope!!! I hope this helps as I am not that good with computers... I have just joined you as a follower.. do you live in Eastbourne too!!! Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, WOW!! Its gone Angela you must have taken it off..... well done, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it nice to have the cat keep your seat warm, I do hope he gives it back easily and without fuss. Lovely card, you have created and what wonderful space to create in. Thanks for sharing your desk.

    Eliza #26

    ReplyDelete